The hot, humid Baja summer makes refreshing drinks a necessity, and while we’re technically at the beginning of fall, the warm days are lingering. One of the best beverages to cool you down might be the mojito. Made with fresh mint and lime, it adds the perfect little chill to a hot day.
Several bars around San Felipe can mix up this tasty beverage, and if you’d like to mix up a glass for yourself, you can use this recipe:
- Mix half sugar and half water to create a simple syrup.
- Place 6-10 mint leaves in a glass and add 6 tablespoons of freshly squeezed lime juice and 6-8 tablespoons of the syrup. Use a muddler to gently crush the mint leaves and release their oil and flavour.
- Add ice cubes to the glass and pour 1.5 fluid ounces of white rum over the ice.
- Add sparkling water to fill the glass to the top.
- Garnish with a mint leave and lime wedge.
Enjoy your refreshment in a glass!